A weekly feature on Northland Morning keeping you up to date on Twin Ports art happenings. Airs Mondays at 8:20. Hosted by Annie Dugan of the Duluth Art Institute.
Where's Art? with Annie Dugan
This week, it's out beyond the mists and fog.
After the fog has lifted later this week, Annie Dugan informs us that art can be found in several places throughout the region:
- The Two Harbors Art Fair is this Friday, 8/13 through Sunday, 8/15.
- This month, Split Rock Lighthouse's "Photography at the Rock" features photographer Nathan Klok. In addition a month-long exhibit of his work, he will be appearing in person this Saturday, 8/14 (and the two following Saturdays as well) from 10 am to 6 pm to talk about his approach to night photography.
- People are invited to bring their own supplies and participate in this year's West End Flourish "Plein Air Paint Out" in Cloquet on Friday, 8/13 from 4 to 8 pm.
- At the Duluth Art Institute tomorrow and Wednesday, artists may sign up to get professional headshots taken by photographer Kim Kosmatka.
- The Duluth Children's Museum is celebrating their grand re-opening at their new space on 2125 West Superior Street this Saturday, 8/14, from 10am to 2 pm.